Thursday, September 19, 2013

A trip to Gulf Shores...

Our sweet friends, Cryar and Stevie, had to leave their beach trip a little early. We were so thankful they shared their remaining days at the beach with us!

Owen and I cleaned house and headed down to Gulf Shores. Have you ever seen a pregnant lady try to carry a two year old, and all of the things he needs for a beach trip to the second floor of a beach condo? It was a pretty funny sight. ;)

Owen was so excited. When we arrived Cryar and Stevie's little girl, Reese, left him chocolate chip cookies. She must've known cookies were his favorite. He of course gobbled one down before dinner, and was very sad that I wouldn't let him have the other one until tomorrow. :)

Matt met us soon after we got settled into the condo. We went to eat at Sea N' Suds. This is where Owen revealed to us one of the lovely things he learned at church. He said "Are we gonna eat BUTT for dinner?" You could hear preschoolers turning around in their chairs whispering to their parents "Mom, that boy just said BUTT!!!". He told us his friend at church told him about it. His teacher said most kids in his class only speak 2-3 word sentences. I guess one kid in the class has a favorite two word sentence "eat butt", and of course my sweet parrot repeated it. Praise the Lord he has forgotten this  lovely phrase. If you are around us and say "butt" around our child, please be prepared to reprimanded by Mama Bear, because that is a really bad word.  I wish I would have just ignored it like I usually do. Not following my instinct to ignore definitely back fired.... I told him that word made Jesus cry in heaven, and he should say hiney instead. A few days later he woke up and said "Mommy, can I eat HINEY for breakfast? Jesus is so happy I said that right?" *headdesk* Back to the ignoring, so hard to remember he is only two sometimes....

After eating and turning some heads at dinner, we went down to the beach. Evenings at the beach are the best! Owen loved burying himself in sand...





The next day, Daddy had to work, but Owen and I had big plans to play on the beach. We had fun playing in somebody else's hole they had dug.

Apparently, sand buckets make good chairs!


I am telling you....they don't get sweeter than this. Owen is the best little boy there ever was!



When Daddy got home, we went to LuLu's.

Sometimes, it is so hard to decide what you want to eat!



Playing sugar packet hockey with his Daddy.


The next morning, Owen woke up really hungry. He needed to have sausage, freeze dried apples, water, and a little PBS Kids.


Time for the beach with Mommy!


I was pretty proud of myself for digging this hole. ;)


Snack Break! Owen loves "nacks" and Mommy's chair too!


The sweetest little feet!


...and hands...


I am so blessed to call this cute, sweet, tender-hearted, brilliant child my son....



We took an afternoon break. Dippin' Dots was closed so we went to another yummy ice cream store. Owen loves his "chockit ice cweam"!



We went home and took a little nap. When Owen woke up, DADDY was back from work! He had so much fun playing with Matt.

Owen flying his very first kite! He said flying kites was boring. :)



Owen is quite the water baby. He only likes to go in the ocean with daddy. :) I think that is so sweet. He lets the waves splash him in the face and loves to go out "far in the sea". He was literally lying in the ocean and letting the waves crash over his head.







We had so much fun on our little beach trip! I am so blessed to call these two mine.