Friday, August 23, 2013

Playing with my sweet boy!

Last week I couldn't get on facebook without crying. I kept looking at all the sweet children's back to school pictures. I started thinking.... Owen is two. These two years have flown by....in three years he will be in Kindergarten. I know that day will be here before I know it. Never again, will we have full days together in the fall, winter, and spring...just the summer. I love my "school year" time with Owen, and I don't want to give it up.

I think I am going to be a greedy Mama, and not share him with a pre-school teacher the year before Kindergarten. Even if I hoard him that one extra year, I know Kindergarten days will be here in the blink of an eye. I shed a lot of tears last week just thinking about that day!

With all of that being said, I am not taking another day, another hour, another minute, or another second for granted! The first 5 years are the only time you get "forever" with your babies. I am going to savor it all. I am also enjoying the last few months with just Owen as my son, and not having to share my time with another baby. (I promise I don't mean that like it sounds) 

So here we are! Playing to learn, and not taking a single second for granted! Here's what we've been doing....

We've been to the imagination station...

Choo Choo!




"Would you like to read this book with me, Mommy?"

"oooo!"







My favorite! 


Our apartment just put up a new park! Owen was so excited. He kept saying "I can't wait to meet it!!!". We've had lots of rain, but once it stopped we went straight to the park. He ran screaming happy squeals the whole way there. (sorry to any neighbors we might have woken up)



He picked out his outfit. This little boy is ready for football.






This summer Florida has set records with rainfall. Owen and I packed a picnic lunch to take to the pool...hoping we might miss the rain. We didn't. I think he enjoyed eating and watching the rain fall!







He threw down his cheetos when he saw this banana! He is such a healthy boy!

We couldn't swim, so we played water guns instead. Owen had a blast!



Owen played so hard that he fell fast asleep as soon as we got home. Naps are few and far between lately, so he must've been exhausted. I love watching him sleep!


We've had lots of fun playing in our pjs on rainy mornings. Sometimes Owen *needs* to wear long sleeve pajamas on hot days, because they have cool pictures of spiderman on them.

Owen loves his graduated stacking blocks! He learns so much from play. :) He told me he was stacking them biggest to smallest to make stairs.


I love watching Owen play T-ball. He loves to hit the ball and run the bases. Matt and I think he is going to be a lefty. :)

My little baseball boy...




Best pictures ever!





I love watching Owen paint. He is quite the artist. We might have made his Grandparent's gifts for Grandparent's Day yesterday, and he might have already asked to make another one today. (But shh...don't tell them...it's a "suhhhh-pize"!) Maybe I shouldn't have started so early. I hope pinterest has two weeks worth of ideas. ;)


I put some towels in the washing machine. (Right next to the kitchen) When I turned around Owen had painted himself like a "super guy". He was super proud, and we definitely spent our morning with blue arms. How could I make him wash it off?
 
Love that toe ^^

Later that day, we had pizza and went swimming!

He is the only kid I know that LOVES pepperoni. He picks it off, and eats them first. haha!



My blogging might be slowing down in the near future. Owen has really started cutting back on naps. (not that he doesn't need them...he is just too busy) I don't want to be the mom that is always on the computer. I only get on here when he is sleeping, Matt is playing with him another room, or sometimes while he is eating his breakfast. I hope to keep up, but it is hard to stay up late while growing another human being in my belly. :)

I thought I would end this post, with the cutest little videos in the world. I LOVE the way Owen says Pumpernickel bread and Hop Skotch!