Saturday, July 20, 2013

Playing with Owen...

I love playing with Owen! His imagination has taken off! We play baseball with imaginary helmets, gloves, bats, and balls. We grocery shop, have picnics, catch monkeys that jump out of his book and swing around our house, chase dragons, go the beach, put out fires (our house catches on fire A LOT), and so much more! He even had an imaginary friend ride in the car with us to the library the other day. He said this is my friend, he is coming with us. I asked for his friend's name, but Owen said "he couldn't 'member.". His friend lives outside in the trees with the birds. I haven't seen his friend again, but I hope he comes to play again soon!

Mommy has been really sick this pregnancy. I have tried to still be a "fun mom" as much as possible. Here's what we've been up too...

We love playing with play-doh.


Farmer's tan!

Can you guess what this is? Yep, it is poop. Life with boys...



We made this and then sang one of Owen's favorite songs "You are my Sunshine".


Owen LOVES his "kitchen helper". He made pancakes with me the other day. When he ate them he said "I make the best pancakes in the world!" Here he is making ice cream! MMM!


When I tell him to smile, this is the face I get now...
 

I am in love with these pictures.





We tried out the Roger Scott pool the other day. We had so much fun playing in the "Kid Wash". Owen got a "Blue Wahoo" sno-cone.






Some days we have "Owen lunches" where he can pick out anything he wants for lunch, as long as it is healthy. This day he picked water, crackers, cheese, peanut butter, an apple, and some of those Natural Cheese Puffs things (he could eat his weight in those).



Sometimes we play so hard we just need a good nap! Owen loves to snuggle up with 10 + stuffed animals when he rests. Most days he likes to lay in his crib and go to sleep on his own, with Mommy sitting in the rocking chair. He is growing too fast!



The other day we got to take a tour of the Blue Wahoos stadium with MOMS club! Owen was so excited, despite this fake cheesy grin.


We got to see the batting cages and work out room.


 
The best part was seeing the field. I think the kiddos were a little disappointed they didn't get to "run the bases".



I just can't get enough of this outfit! He looks so cute in red.



In the media room...



Some days you just need to sit on the beach and eat a chicken leg. ;)


Owen's new best friend is George. He has been teaching him how to pose for the camera. Here is telling George to smile!


Every Thursday we go to the movies. The Carmike Cinema has a $4.00 movie. This includes drinks, popcorn, and fruit snacks. Can't beat that... Owen got to take George to see Horton Hears a Who. I think you can see from this picture how excited he is!


George is a really good snuggle buddy...


Shaving cream is a lot of fun to paint with!


...but not as fun as MUD PUDDLES!









A little note to my O...

Owen, 

Thank you so much for having such a zeal for life! You make Mommy appreciate all of the little things in life. I promise to cut out the phrase "hurry up" from my vocabulary, and enjoy life through your precious eyes. The world must be so exciting to your two year old mind! I promise to stop worrying so much about being "on time", and to let you explore. I love watching you grow. I am so happy God chose you to be mine.

Love, 

Mommy

I will end this blog with another blogger's blog...that really touched my heart. It is so easy to say "hurry up" all the time. Why hurry? They are only little for a little while...