Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Father's Day 2013

For the first time since being married we got to spend Father's Day with my side of the family. It is really nice getting to make up for lost time while we are in Pensacola. Even if it is only temporary!

My parents had a beach house for the weekend, and we got to meet them in Panama City. Owen had an absolute blast at the beach. We got him a puddle jumper and he swam ALL over Edgewater's pool. :)

Probably the best Father's Day present was Owen announcing our big news. He was anti-camera that week. Here is the best picture I got!


Owen is so blessed to have Matt as his father. He is the best, and I am so thankful for him!!!

I ran across this video and had to laugh.... Oh the things that change once you have a child. :)


I am so thankful for Matt. We make the best parenting team.

Matt, 

Thank you so much for all you do! You are a husband and father to brag about!  Thank you for telling me that Babywise book I read while pregnant was garbage. Thank you for being the leader of the household, and showing our son what it means to be a Godly husband. Thank you for standing by me through our breastfeeding journey. It was a team effort! I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you for playing baseball and basketball with our son for hours every night.  Thank you for "running the bases" through the house 1,000 times a day. Thank you for changing diapers, even the cloth ones. :) Thank you for praying with us every night. Thank you for being so patient with our son, and getting on his level. Thank you for not following parenting trends, and following your God given parenting instinct. (even though our ways aren't the most popular) Thank you for swallowing your man pride, and not being afraid to "babywear" and not spank. Thank you for believing that a mom staying home with their child is worth all the sacrifices it takes. Thank you for working so hard, and making it possible! Thank you for always telling me what a good job I do with Owen, even on days that I feel like the worst mom ever. Thank you for reminding me Owen is the passive good child he is, because of how we raise him...no matter what anyone else thinks. Thank for reminding me what everyone else thinks...doesn't matter. Thank you for always setting a good example for Owen. I love how he looks up to you. We make such a good team. Owen is becoming more and more like you every day, and I couldn't be any more grateful! Thank you for being you! We are so blessed. I love growing old with you!

Kristin

I saw these videos, when I found the other one.  While we just follow our instincts and don't do all of these things. Some of these things just made me laugh, because it is me to the tee. I have one more thing to say.... THANKS for putting up with me, Matt. :)



Owen giving his Daddy his Father's day presents before church on Sunday. Owen picked out a couple of shirts and a Daddy and Me Devotional book. These little bubbles are so stinkin' cute on Owen. I just had to point that out. ;)




Owen giving Poppy his present at the beach...He looks so big in his shorts!







Happy Father's Day Matt, Poppy, Papaw, Papa, and Pappy! We wish we could have spent Father's Day with each of you. We love you all so much!