Thursday, January 30, 2014

38 weeks!!!

How far along? 38 weeks! Oh my goodness! Abe will be here anywhere in the next 1-4 weeks! It is a "super moon" tonight. Stay in there Abe! My midwife says 38-39 weeks your brain will double in size. ;)


 

I had my appointment on Tuesday. Everything went well. I hadn't gained any weight from the previous week. My blood pressure was on the lower side-87/61. I had lots of what I thought were contractions the day before so I begged Jenny to check me. Much to my surprise nothing had changed. Still 1cm. (not complaining- I really think it is better for Abe to stay in there as long as possible) I am going to try to be patient and not get checked the rest of the pregnancy.  We later found out I had moderate ketones in my urine which causes cramping, so they weren't contractions after all. The solution to this problem-eat more protein. Jenny didn't seem too concerned.

Baby Size: The average baby is about 7 lbs at this time. If I had to guess Abe is bigger. ;)

Total weight gain/loss: 34 lbs total...Looks like I might surpass the 35... I gained like 50 with Owen, so I am still proud of myself. 

Maternity clothes?  All maternity clothes now! 

Stretch marks? Still none....I am hoping it stays that way. I got lucky with Owen. Maybe Abe will be nice too. 
 
Sleep: Is all I want to do, but is slightly complicated. I am only comfortable using the "Bradley Method" of laying in the bed. It involves lots of bulky pillows and an awkward position....

Best Moment this week? Abe has been moving like crazy. It has been fun to watch him roll about.

Miss Anything? Being comfortable!

Movement: A lot!

Food cravings: Ice, Greek Yogurt, and fruit.

Anything making you queasy or sick:I get waves of nausea.

Labor Signs:  Contractions here and there preparing for Abe!

Have you started to show yet: Yes! According to Owen my belly is REALLY fat!

Belly Button in or out?  Flat

Wedding rings on or off?  On

Symptoms: Sciatic nerve pain, exhaustion, heartburn, and a little nausea.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Mmm a little of both!

Looking forward to: NURSING and cuddling a little baby again.

Not much difference from two weeks ago. Maybe he has dropped a little?!?