Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter: The week of Easter with the Falls

This blog is really long with lots of pictures. :) Enjoy!

Our Easter week was chaotic full of excitement!

We made the move to Pensacola. Our move is just temporary for now, so we are enjoying apartment life. No home maintenance, no grass to cut, nice pool, clubhouse, playground....it is quite the life!

A couple days before we moved, Dawson Baptist Church in Homewood had their annual Easter Egg Hunt. I couldn't wait to take Owen to enjoy the fun. We didn't get time to "practice" Easter egg hunting with packing, but much to my surprise Owen knew JUST what to do.

Here are some pictures of him from the Easter Egg Hunt...I love his sweet little grin in all of the pictures. He was so proud!






Owen's basket full of eggs!


The Easter Egg hunt was just the beginning at Dawson's Easter Celebration.

There were also small fire trucks to ride...

Thrilled!
....bubble machines...


...a temporary Easter tatoo station...

looking at his tatoo

....a butterfly craft table...


...a cookie decorating table...


...a flower planting table...


...a FUN choo choo ride...


...an Easter story sticker table...


...and last, a CREEPY bounce house.


I was happy I got to take Owen for some kiddie fun, before the REAL fun began....PACKING and MOVING!

Owen did so well on the ride to Pensacola with Mommy. We stayed in a hotel the first night after arriving to Pensacola. Owen even helped me bring our bags to the room!


Owen really enjoyed helping unpack the next day!


He even potty trained for two days after we moved. Yes, you read that right...one accident in two days, and now wants nothing to do with the potty. It was fun while it lasted, and I have pictures to prove it. :)



Maybe he was trying to bribe the Easter Bunny for some more surprises? I don't know, but a part of me wasn't ready to let go of him being my baby in diapers, so no big deal!

I tried really hard to make the Easter week fun for Owen despite everything we had going on during the week.

One of Owen's favorite things was his Easter Egg lunch....



We played a fun game, where Owen got to match jellybeans to the correct color jar. He is so smart, and knew what to do without anything having to be explained to him.


This is a picture of an absorbant mind if I've ever seen one!
 


We did a few fun small motor skills/art activities.

Owen had so much fun gluing jelly beans onto his name. I was very proud of his hard work!



He also decorated a fun Easter Egg with buttons.





Owen also did some cross crafts. We talked about the Easter story while he did them. He tells me "Cross! Jesus!" when he sees his pictures. :)

Here he is coloring a cross with wet chalk. I LOVE this look!



We also glued some colorful pom poms to a cross.



This year I decided to let Owen dye himself his eggs with shaving cream. It was the messiest thing I've ever done in my life a great sensory activity.











Despite the mess, we had some pretty Easter Eggs.


Owen was so excited about the Easter Bunny that he stayed up super late. He wanted to watch "Frosty the Snowman" to celebrate.

 The Easter Bunny came to visit Owen once he closed his precious eyes. He must've been a REALLY good boy!




The Easter Bunny knew Owen would be building sand castles in the near future!



So hard to get pictures of a busy baby!










What is Easter without a chocolate bunny?


Owen was so precious in his sweet little Easter outfit. It lasted all of five minutes before he spilled his juice on it. :) He got to change into a comfy outfit for lunch with Mimi and Poppy at Flounder's.




I had a lazy eye in our family pictures. :-p I have some sweet, handsome men in the picture though!



If you made it this far That is all for now, we hope you had a VERY happy Easter!