Sunday, November 17, 2013

Our little turkey is better!

After a week long battle with RSV, my little turkey is feeling much better.





We've come a long way since this sad day!


It is so hard seeing my baby sick. For so long, I have produced antibodies to bugs we've both been exposed to in my milk. He hasn't been sick in about a year. He recently weaned, and I expected this to happen while he got used to not getting those priceless antibodies. We started him on a Vitamin C supplement in the mean time to help his immune system catch up from that ugly virus! I am pretty skeptical on the theory that supplements actually work, but it can't hurt and Owen loves to get his "star" every morning. :)

After being stuck in the house, Owen couldn't wait to get out and about. Our first stop was Target for some popcorn. My child LOVES popcorn! It was a cold day, so he got to wear his winter hat. :)

Later in the week, my spontaneous little man woke up and asked to paint his Papaw a picture for his birthday. (and yes we are in Christmas pjs...Owen is very in the spirit, and he couldn't nap without these pjs!) He is very excited about celebrating Papaw's birthday. He says he is going to have a "celebration with horns". Papaw...we hope you are ready! We are going to bring all the joy, excitement, and energy that can only come from a two year old's heart!



I am so happy to see my sweet boy back to his happy self! I thank God every day for such a healthy, witty, precious little boy. He is such a sweet, compassionate, caring individual. He brings Matt and I so many laughs, and we can't imagine life without him. This time of year makes me so grateful for my many blessings....especially my family. :) I am so blessed!

We are getting Christmas Card pictures made of Matt and I's sweetest little blessing this afternoon. I can't believe how much my baby has grown since last year's Christmas card picture!



Stay tuned for some Christmas Tree decorating fun, and a flash back to a trip to Arab from a couple of months ago. :)