Thursday, November 7, 2013

26 weeks!

No picture today! My little man has got cabin fever due to staying in with RSV.  I need to do this as quickly as possible before he finishes breakfast. ;)

How far along?
26 weeks. Next week starts my third trimester, and I don't even feel like I am pregnant yet! I had to count the weeks to figure out exactly how many weeks I was this morning! Second pregnancies are so different!

Baby Size: According to Babycenter, my little man is getting FAT this week. ;) He weighs about 1 2/3 lbs and is around 14 inches long. All babies are different, so this is just an average of course.


Total weight gain/loss: 18 lbs. I don't know if that is good or bad at this point, but I've only gained a 1/2 lb in the past 2 weeks. I am really focusing on being healthy. Owen was a big baby, and apparently the more carbs you eat the bigger your baby will be according to my midwife. I had no idea all of the sugars from carbs cross the placenta and go to your baby! I am jumping on Matt's Paleo wagon, and I can honestly say I have never felt better!!!! I have worked out every day for 2 weeks, and the only carbs I have eaten is one pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream that fell in my cart at Publix while I shopping. ;) Health is so important to our family. I know if I am not healthy the natural delivery I want, will be harder as well! I even resisted the Christmas Tree Cakes at the grocery store. If you know me, you know that took LOTS of will power. (like lots...I can down a box of Christmas Tree Cakes in 2 minutes when I am not pregnant)


Maternity clothes?  All maternity clothes now! Sometimes I wear Matt's shirts. Like last night, when I was being a good preggo and going for a walk. I had on some yoga pants and one of Matt's shirts. I later realized I was fat and pregnant...and wearing a Piggly Wiggly shirt that said "Eat Like a Hog". Thank goodness it was dark. #notashamed

Stretch marks? Nope. I know it is all heredity but I have been smothering my big ole belly in straight coconut oil. I can't even tell you how much coconut oil our family goes through....it is our cure all!
 
Sleep: I've actually been sleeping well! I still sleep on my belly? I remember with Owen, I was scared I would squish him. ;)

Best Moment this week? Matt finally feeling a small kick from Abe. He didn't give him much. ;)

Miss Anything? Not that I can think of

Movement: Abe is still passive, but moves more at night. Owen did too. Matt has felt him move finally.(just once...but at least he got to feel him)

Food cravings:  Nothing new this week!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.

Labor Signs:  I had a few Braxton Hicks yesterday and this morning. Not sure if that is normal, because I never experienced them with Owen. I have to call today to find out. I was "late" with Owen, but I have this scary feeling that I am going to go into labor early with Abe. I hope it is just because I have nothing prepared for Abe, and I can be a little anxious. (I did go through Owen's clothes yesterday...Owen helped me...so they are covered in RSV germs at this point...but they aren't in boxes anymore)

Have you started to show yet: Yep!

Belly Button in or out?  In 

Wedding rings on or off?  On

Symptoms: Heartburn, heartburn, heartburn...it doesn't mean they will have hair. I had it with Owen too. ;)

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy

Looking forward to: A free ultrasound next week! We have an ultrasound school near our house. I told them I would volunteer anytime!