Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Patch!

Have I mentioned how much I love this precious baby boy lately???


I mean seriously, how could you not love this cute little guy?!?!

On Monday, Owen and I put on our pumpkin attire and headed to the pumpkin patch.  By the way, this is Owen's "cheese" face...you will see it A LOT in this blog. :)


 We visited Holland Farms in Milton, Florida. It was a good drive, but Owen enjoyed every second. Here's Owen in the gift shop. They had a giant peanut statue sitting in the corner. Not only is Holland Farms a pumpkin farm, but it is also a peanut farm. I felt right at home. ;) Owen thinks giant peanuts are really cool. I even got a real smile in this picture!


Owen was so proud of his wristband. He wore it with pride on his sweet little hands.


And here is my attempt to get a picture of Owen at the displays in front of the pumpkin patch. I'd say we are definitely in the fake smile stage. :) At least he is trying! He never fusses when I try to take his picture. He should be used to it by now.

CHEEEEEESE! You must clinch your fists and hunch over while saying this word...

I need to run and jump in this hay, Mommy!


Cheese...a little less animated this time...

Another attempt in front of the scarecrows...



Owen loved the scarecrows, and wanted to give them a hug...


Cheese face beside the jack-o-lantern.


One last picture attempt in front of the other scarecrow...


....and he's done!


The pumpkin patch had chickens and goats! Owen loved watching them.




We got a free cup of boiled peanuts when we purchased our wristbands. Owen is a boy after my own heart, he LOVES boiled peanuts. If it is possible to love boiled peanuts more than I do, Owen has won the prize!


Playing in the sand box...




The Pumpkin Patch also had a box filled with corn. I thought Owen would love playing in the corn, but he told me that was disgusting and he would "rather not". (his exact words....rather not....he is so funny)


Giddy up horsey!



Owen's favorite part of the pumpkin patch was the corn maze! I thought he would just go a little ways and we would turn around and come out. That wasn't the case.... He took off running, made every turn he could possibly take, even the tight ones where corn stalks hit you in the face. We got lost for an hour and he had a blast. He said he was going on an adventure "lost in the jungle". 






We made it! I let Owen guide us out, so he did this all on his own. Despite his unamused face, he was very proud of himself!
 


HAYRIDE!


We made it to the pumpkin patch! Time to pick out a pumpkin!

EWWWW Mommy!

Finding the perfect pumpkin

This one is it!

Rolling Pumpkins is fun!

Running through the pumpkin patch is even MORE fun!
They had a big scary slide at the pumpkin patch. Owen and I enjoyed watching the big kids go down the slide. There were several groups of home schooled older children on our wagon. They loved taking care of Owen and making him laugh! I loved talking to their mommies about how they teach. Very interesting, and different than what I pictured. :)


One last swing! Owen looks so tired. I thought he would take a nap on the way to Destin afterwards, but he didn't! 


DRUMROLL please! I FINALLY got a real smile. I might have had to say the word "poo poo" during this process, but whatever works right?




...and a flash from the past! Time please be still. I just want him to stay a baby forever!


We have so much fun taking this sweet boy to the pumpkin patch every year!