Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fun Fun Fun!

I am catching up...so this blog is LONG. Lots of pictures and the sweetest video at the end!

Staying home with Owen is SUCH a blessing! I knew I would love it, but I love it even more than I ever expected. (didn't think that was possible) I still feel guilty for missing so much of that first year, but I can't dwell on the past. I know the next baby will get all of the attention he or she deserves! Everyone told me it would "get easier" leaving Owen...but it never did for me. I got so tired of hearing "everyone does it". Everyone but me..... I know that I am doing exactly what God has called me to do, because my heart has never felt happier! I love being a wife and mom to my two precious boys.

Staying home has enabled me to have a strong attachment to Owen. I am reading Dr. Sears Discipline book (awesome by the way). Dr. Sears says one of the first steps you can do to have a well disciplined child is to build a strong attachment. Attached children trust their parents and want to please them. I already see this quality in Owen. This should make discipline easier later down the road. We just love Dr. Sears, and we got to meet our favorite pediatrician at Samford last month. :)



These past few months have been so much fun! Owen is growing and developing so much! He can say just about anything. He repeats almost every word I say. Some of my new favorites are helicopter (coccer), cupcake (cuh-cay), and noodle.  His new favorite phrase is OHHHH TOODLES from Mickey Mouse. It is precious. Owen has also learned lots of sign language over this past month. I am hoping to get a video of these for my next post!

We have so much fun playing with Anna Scott. She and Owen are the smartest babies! They talk so much! She is such a blessing at our house, and Owen loves playing with "Ann Cot". They squeal in excitement every time they see one another.

Here is what we've been up to these past few months....

Owen went to VBS for the first time...


 We had lazy days where we played in our pjs...





We did lots of sensory play!

 Playing in Jelly





We got a new potty, and used it a few times! Owen knows the sign for "potty" as of this week. :)


We started using only cloth diapers...




We had lots of fun eating table food!






We made some beautiful artwork...

Even on the walls :)


We had fun playing outside, and beating the summer heat....





I've had a sweet little helper...

 Grocery Shopping

Dusting


We played at the library A LOT...


Hoover Library

Bubbles at Mother Goose Storytime!

Wearing his Shades at Storytime. :) 

checking out his own books 


We tried out a music class.

We had some birthday party fun...




We played at the McWane Center....




 ...and The Art Museum...



We had fun with Da Da at work....

We've been babywearing!!!
 



We watched football....



We played....


....and we even played until we just couldn't hold our eyes open any longer...





 But most importantly....we laughed and loved each other!


I will end with the sweet video I promised! It is Owen doing the Bean Bag Rock at Story Time. The Bean Bag Rock is his favorite!