Thursday, July 10, 2014

Abraham's Birth Part Two...

I know...I know...he is 5 months old...

In case, you missed his Birth Story...


Our first bonding moments...


This picture gives me chills. A new baby breastfeeding is so beautiful to me.
 

In our room..

Checking out all of his precious features...

Note my natural child birth battle wound on my elbow. ;)





Owen meeting his brother...

He was making silly faces. He was a little scared of me, because of the hospital bed and bracelets.




Singing "You are my Sunshine" with my boys after my shower...
 


We waited 24 hours to give Abe his first bath. My midwife and doula strongly encouraged this. Amniotic fluid and vernix is good for their dry skin. It also contains antibodies to protect them from sicknesses. Who knew?

Abe's bath the next day...

Started with his sweet footprints...





Not a fan...







A couple of hours of Skin to Skin to warm up!


Then Mommy dressed him and put his bonnet on backwards...




Sleep deprived Mommy fixed it...
 


We only stayed at the hospital a little over 24 hours. Have I mentioned how much I love my midwife?!?! 

Getting ready to go home!








Abraham is blessed with an awesome family. Some came to see him at the hospital, some came a few days later. I don't have pics of my parents because they brought Owen and we were so wrapped up in that we forgot to take pictures. We have pictures of my parents at the hospital on my dad's camera. I will update this blog with those pictures when Mom sends them to me .:) Here are the sweet hospital pictures I do have.






Abraham, you are the perfect fit to our family. I am so blessed God chose me to be your Mommy!