Friday, July 20, 2012

Look Who's Talking!

Owen's new vocabulary is so impressive! I am so proud to be the Mommy of such a smart little boy. Owen doesn't care much about walking....but he is really learning to talk. I love his sweet little voice. He babbles constantly. I've noticed a lot of new sounds. I have a feeling once he starts talking...he isn't going to stop. :)

His fine motor skills impress me as well. He pays such attention to detail. He has started taking things apart. I just looked at the entertainment center and the knobs are missing on the sound system. Hmmm....I wonder who unscrewed the knobs? Owen loves to color. I can sit him in the highchair with crayons and paper and he is entertained for an hour. Dr. Amason was very impressed with his coloring skills. He was also impressed wtih his vocabulary. Owen was a show off at his last check up.

I thought I would share a list of things Owen says every day. I hope I didn't miss any. He learns a new word every day and sometimes it is hard to keep up with all of them!  I am also sharing "how" he says words. I know I will love to look back and remember this someday!  He has also said Papa, Nana, and Papaw a time or two. 

Owen's Words

Mama
Dada
Daddy- "Da-ee"
Owen- "Owie"
Ball
Boo
Bye Bye
Hey
Hi
Hi There- "Hi da"
Bunny- "Buh ee"
Dog- "Dah Dog"
Woof-"Wf"
Cat- "Ca"
Fish- "Sh" (this is my favorite!)
Duck
Cow-"Cah"
Quack Quack- "Kak Kak"
Moo
All done- "Dah Doooe"
Baby- "Baby or Bay"
Awwww- he says this when he sees his newborn pictures :)
Whew!- "Woo!" (He says this when he smells his feet)
Whee!
Ahh Choo!- "AHHH TOOO!"
Book- "Buh"
Balloon- "Boon"
Cup-"Cuh"
Thank you- "Tah tahhh"
That-"Dat" (this is his FAVORITE word)
Blue- "Boo"
Green- "Geen"
Uh-Oh
No
Nope
Yay!
Look- "uk"
Play-"Pay"
Night Night- "Nigh Nigh"
Tree- "Tee"
Bird-"Bur"
Color- "Cuh"
Wow- "Wahhh!"
Yuck- "uck"
Dust, Dust, Dust- "Dee, dee, dee"
Oink Oink- "unk unk"
Dance- "Dah"
Roll- "Ro" (We are working on Tide)
Bite- "Bie"
Boobie- "Boo ee" (oh boy)
Head- "Hea"
Eye
Spoon- "Poon"
Eat- "eee"
Bath- "Ba"

Look's like someone is going to be a talker soon!:)